Seven Best Practices for Starting Your First Podcast
In episode #1593, we will give you seven tips that will help you start and grow your first podcast. When you are just starting out in the podcasting game, there will be many kinks you have to iron out. This will be easier for you if you tune into today’s show though. You’ll hear us talk about which mics to use, how to structure your conversations, how to maximize traffic as well as your content’s reach, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Seven Best Practices for Starting Your First Podcast.
- [00:41] Have a good microphone that doesn’t plug in using USB.
- [01:28] Be spontaneous in your conversation rather than scripted.
- [02:12] Grow your podcast by leveraging your existing audience.
- [02:56] Keep traffic high by listing all past episodes on hosting platforms.
- [03:41] Maximize reach by repurposing your content.
- [04:16] Ask for reviews because they help you get into ‘new and noteworthy’ lists.
- [04:52] What unsolicited response rates are and how they indicate the value of your show.
- [06:17] That’s it for today!
- [06:17] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...