Seven Best Practices for Starting Your First Podcast
In episode #1593, we will give you seven tips that will help you start and grow your first podcast. When you are just starting out in the podcasting game, there will be many kinks you have to iron out. This will be easier for you if you tune into today’s show though. You’ll hear us talk about which mics to use, how to structure your conversations, how to maximize traffic as well as your content’s reach, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Seven Best Practices for Starting Your First Podcast.
- [00:41] Have a good microphone that doesn’t plug in using USB.
- [01:28] Be spontaneous in your conversation rather than scripted.
- [02:12] Grow your podcast by leveraging your existing audience.
- [02:56] Keep traffic high by listing all past episodes on hosting platforms.
- [03:41] Maximize reach by repurposing your content.
- [04:16] Ask for reviews because they help you get into ‘new and noteworthy’ lists.
- [04:52] What unsolicited response rates are and how they indicate the value of your show.
- [06:17] That’s it for today!
- [06:17] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2561, you’ll learn how Warren Buffett’s approach to investing within his circle of confidence can be applied to content creation. Learn how to yield results by taking a simple but effe...