In episode #967, we count out 7 creative ways to add to your email list without being spammy. Tune in to hear our tactics for collecting email addresses.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Creative Ways to Collect Email Addresses Without Being Spammy
- [00:33] 1: Spin the Wheel.
- [00:45] As long as you offer something of value, people will be excited about it.
- [00:48] 2: Add little yellow boxes and get them to opt-in to offers.
- [01:03] 3: Block off content.
- [01:15] Make a portion of the content accessible only if someone enters an email address. This could also just be bonus content.
- [01:44] 4: Create cloaked links and drive people back to an offer. Try Pretty Links.
- [02:22] 5: Create quizzes.
- [02:34] Collect enough info for a full lead.
- [02:41] 6: Use Outgrow to put calculators on your site.
- [02:54] 7: Use MobileMonkey to opt-in to your Facebook Messenger list and your email list.
- [03:13] That’s it for today!
- [03:15] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...