In episode #969, we discuss 7 creative ways to monetize your podcast. Tune in to hear how you can actually make money from a podcast.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Creative Ways to Monetize Your Podcast
- [00:32] 1: Use advertising.
- [00:45] Some podcasts have ads before, during, and after the show. This is a great way to monetize.
- [01:10] Podcast attention is highly rated right now.
- [01:20] 2: Throw your own live event.
- [01:30] Charge admission.
- [01:58] People who listen to podcasts are often in a high income bracket.
- [02:11] MeUndies spends a third of their marketing budget on Podcasting.
- [02:30] 3: Subscriptions.
- [02:40] Asian Podcasters monetize through subscriptions.
- [03:16] 4: Sell info-products.
- [03:57] 5: Sponsorships and VIP experiences.
- [04:16] Our live event is sponsored and we are also offered premiere experiences at a cost, which is how we avoided charging people for the event itself.
- [04:27] 6: Affiliate commission.
- [04:45] Promote someone else’s product using a unique URL and get a kickback from the company you are promoting.
- [05:04] 7: Promote physical products.
- [05:15] One Podcaster promotes the Freedom Journal.
- [05:30] That’s a great income stream.
- [05:40] That’s it for today!
- [05:46] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...