In episode #969, we discuss 7 creative ways to monetize your podcast. Tune in to hear how you can actually make money from a podcast.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Creative Ways to Monetize Your Podcast
- [00:32] 1: Use advertising.
- [00:45] Some podcasts have ads before, during, and after the show. This is a great way to monetize.
- [01:10] Podcast attention is highly rated right now.
- [01:20] 2: Throw your own live event.
- [01:30] Charge admission.
- [01:58] People who listen to podcasts are often in a high income bracket.
- [02:11] MeUndies spends a third of their marketing budget on Podcasting.
- [02:30] 3: Subscriptions.
- [02:40] Asian Podcasters monetize through subscriptions.
- [03:16] 4: Sell info-products.
- [03:57] 5: Sponsorships and VIP experiences.
- [04:16] Our live event is sponsored and we are also offered premiere experiences at a cost, which is how we avoided charging people for the event itself.
- [04:27] 6: Affiliate commission.
- [04:45] Promote someone else’s product using a unique URL and get a kickback from the company you are promoting.
- [05:04] 7: Promote physical products.
- [05:15] One Podcaster promotes the Freedom Journal.
- [05:30] That’s a great income stream.
- [05:40] That’s it for today!
- [05:46] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...