In episode #721, Eric and Neil count out 7 simple SEO tactics. Tune in to hear what you should be doing on your site.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Dead Simple SEO Tactics That Still Work Today
- [00:33] #1: Upgrade your content.
- [00:40] Look at Wikipedia and Trip Advisor: there is constantly updated user content.
- [01:01] #2: Google Correlate.
- [01:04] It’s a great tool for keyword research.
- [02:06] #3: The Skyscraper Technique.
- [02:15] Go out and look for top five posts about a certain keyword.
- [02:30] Make content that improves upon the original resource.
- [02:41] #4: Infographics.
- [02:50] KissMetrics was popular because of their use of this visual content.
- [03:07] Go to BuzzSumo and look at the popular articles in your field and create infographics about the material.
- [03:43] #5: Use Google Search Console.
- [03:50] Look at top pages and top keywords that are ranking.
- [04:00] Add any keywords you don’t have.
- [04:08] #6: Use Google Search Console to search for top keywords. Integrate the most popular keywords.
- [04:50] #7: Go out and look at what content you can delete.
- [05:25] You can drive traffic this way or possible even lose traffic.
- [05:40] Neil thinks you should keep old content and just add updated versions.
- [05:46] That’s it for today!
- [05:49] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...