In episode #689, Eric and Neil count out the essentials to building a million dollar business. Tune in to hear what steps you should take to achieve success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Essentials to Building a Million Dollar Business
- [00:38] 1: You have to have something that people actually want.
- [00:54] 2: Go out there and find all the competitors and hit up their customer list; offer the same product to them for less.
- [01:25] When you’re starting off, you don’t have as many expenses and you can do free or low-cost work.
- [01:48] 3: Having a great team is the most important facet of any company.
- [02:00] Read the book Who? to learn how to build a great team.
- [02:11] 4: Get an office!
- [02:35] Having a physical location makes communication easy and it is helpful when building a solid team.
- [03:22] When Singlegrain was starting, they left an office space, but things got much easier once they all moved back into the same office space.
- [03:40] 5: Become a media company.
- [04:08] 6: You have to have upsells and downsells.
- [04:18] Stop trying to close new sales and focus on existing customers.
- [04:48] Marketing costs are lower and profit margins are higher.
- [05:00] 7: Focus in on one marketing channel.
- [05:10] Trying to do too many things at once will kill your business.
- [05:25] That’s all for now!
- [05:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1296, we talk about how to drive more paid sign-ups in your sale funnel. Funnels are the all-important part of your sales system and you need to optimize yours in order to get maximum cust...
In episode #1295, we run through our list of highly recommended tools to help you get your brand and message out there. From email service providers to the best text message tools on the market, we sh...
In episode #1294, we give you the inside scoop on Neil’s course funnel so that you can apply it to your business. Using an email to drive your audience to a webinar and following up with a week-long...