In episode #1184, we share with you our hit-list of 7 must-read books for leveling up in your business! The books we recommend will help anyone who is interested in learning more about startups, team management, simplicity, and making it happen in an engineering organization. Tune in to hear which outstanding authors and business moguls have made our ranking!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Seven Evergreen Books Guaranteed to Help You Grow.
- [00:32] Suffering through startup world and the woes of being a founder in Ben Horowitz’s book.
- [01:16] More great advice about startups and how to win in Peter Thiel’s Zero to One.
- [02:56] Why The Ideal Team Player should be required reading!
- [03:22] Learn the value of being simplistic with Steve Krug’s Don’t Make Me Think.
- [04:22] The Phoenix Project: a resource for effectively managing an engineering organization.
- [05:05] How multibillionaire Ray Dalio’s book Principles will help you grow in business.
- [06:35] Multipliers as a must-read for anyone who is about to start working with other people.
- [07:25] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Marketing School
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- Ben Horowitz on Twitter
- Zero to One
- Peter Thiel
- The Ideal Team Player
- Patrick Lencioni
- Don’t Make Me Think
- Steve Krug
- The Goal
- Jeff Bezos on Twitter
- The Phoenix Project
- Gene Kim
- Ray Dalio on Twitter
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...