In Episode #315, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 fundamentals that every content promotion plan should include. Tune in to learn the checklists that you need for your content promotion plan and the importance of keeping your “unicorns” up to date!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Fundamentals That Every Content Promotion Plan Should Include
- 00:36 – First is to have a checklist where you document everything you need as well as your standard operating procedure
- 01:04 – Second is to create a list of people you are going to hit up in your space
- 01:08 – Every promotion has an outreach
- 01:13 – You want to keep a list so you will know who responded and promoted
- 01:17 – You want to hit up the same exact person 5x a week
- 01:29 – You could also determine who to hit up for a specific type of post
- 01:33 – You don’t want to burn the relationship
- 01:40 – Have an inventory of the tools that you have
- 02:13 – Fourth is to test out timing
- 02:20 – Depending on your industry, there are times that are best to post
- 02:28 – Stick with that time and be consistent
- 02:44 – Fifth is to use paid advertising
- 03:33 – Sixth is having your unicorns
- 03:41 – Every 6 months, check all the content that has done well, re-share and update them
- 03:57 – Update your old content or the traffic will decline
- 04:06 – Last is to measure results
- 04:15 – If you’re not measuring and managing results, you’re not being a good marketer
- 04:24 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Set a goal and have a plan in place to reach that goal for your content promotion—this way you can track and measure your progress.
- Keep your unicorns up to date so your traffic and engagement won’t decline.
- Make sure that you keep track of your processes, plans, and create checklists to help organize yourself.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...