In Episode #315, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 fundamentals that every content promotion plan should include. Tune in to learn the checklists that you need for your content promotion plan and the importance of keeping your “unicorns” up to date!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Fundamentals That Every Content Promotion Plan Should Include
- 00:36 – First is to have a checklist where you document everything you need as well as your standard operating procedure
- 01:04 – Second is to create a list of people you are going to hit up in your space
- 01:08 – Every promotion has an outreach
- 01:13 – You want to keep a list so you will know who responded and promoted
- 01:17 – You want to hit up the same exact person 5x a week
- 01:29 – You could also determine who to hit up for a specific type of post
- 01:33 – You don’t want to burn the relationship
- 01:40 – Have an inventory of the tools that you have
- 01:42 – Use LastPass to organize everything
- 01:58 – Eric uses Meet Edgar and Buffer for promotion
- 02:13 – Fourth is to test out timing
- 02:20 – Depending on your industry, there are times that are best to post
- 02:28 – Stick with that time and be consistent
- 02:44 – Fifth is to use paid advertising
- 03:04 – Look at your top performing content and check the ones that are getting the most shares and likes
- 03:12 – The top performing ones are your unicorns and you want to push them
- 03:14 – Larry Kim from WordStream and Dennis Yu from BlitzMetrics talk about this further
- 03:33 – Sixth is having your unicorns
- 03:41 – Every 6 months, check all the content that has done well, re-share and update them
- 03:57 – Update your old content or the traffic will decline
- 04:06 – Last is to measure results
- 04:15 – If you’re not measuring and managing results, you’re not being a good marketer
- 04:24 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Set a goal and have a plan in place to reach that goal for your content promotion—this way you can track and measure your progress.
- Keep your unicorns up to date so your traffic and engagement won’t decline.
- Make sure that you keep track of your processes, plans, and create checklists to help organize yourself.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....