In Episode #360, Eric and Neil discuss 7 growth hacking examples you can learn from. Tune in to be inspired by how these companies skyrocketed their branding and acquired more customers using a few tactical strategies. If you want to grow your company effectively, it doesn’t hurt to look to the best!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Growth Hacking Examples You Can Learn From
- 00:37 – First is Dropbox
- 00:40 – Dropbox used pay-per-click to acquire more users
- 00:51 – Dropbox was making $60 in revenue per customer
- 01:23 – Second is Airbnb’s growth story
- 01:29 – Airbnb got people to post on Craigslist
- 02:08 – Third is SEMrush
- 02:16 – SEMrush started with a free usage model with the option to upgrade
- 02:56 – Fourth is Hotmail
- 03:05 – Hotmail added “sent from Hotmail” at the end of their email to generate signups
- 03:38 – Fifth is Hubspot
- 03:43 – Hubspot is a content marketing machine which drives a lot of signups
- 04:00 – Hubspot also decided to create free tools
- 04:10 – Hubspot can generate more leads from their free tools at a lesser cost
- 04:26 – Sixth is the Paypal case study
- 04:31 – For every signup, they gave away $20, then reduced this amount over time
- 04:46 – eBay was originally owned by Paypal
- 05:00 – Startups create press
- 05:20 – Startups are directing Facebook and Google’s paid traffic to pages that have incredible content written about them
- 05:54 – By directing traffic, PPC isn’t that bad and the conversion is quite high
- 06:18 – This only works for an authoritative site; the quality of content you have is what attracts people to sign up
- 06:35 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Olark which is live chat software tool
- 06:48 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 06:52 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444 for those in the US
- 07:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make people WANT to know more about you and your product; the quality of your content is the means to do this.
- Offering an initial incentive can drive signups to your product.
- Create great press around your product to show the value of your product.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...