7 Insider’s Secrets to Launching A Book
In episode #1587, we share seven insider’s secrets to launching a book. If you want to get your books noticed, be sure to have quotes and testimonials from well-known authors on the cover. Tune in to learn more about hybrid and traditional publishing and what you can expect from working with publishers in general.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 7 Insider’s Secrets to Launching A Book.
- [00:34] Bulk book sales are now being counted as a single sale.
- [01:04] Use a company like ResultSource that counts bulk sales individually.
- [01:23] Have quotes and testimonials from other book authors on the front and back cover.
- [02:25] Consider hybrid publishing that offers the best of both self and traditional publishing.
- [03:02] Keep in mind that traditional publishers have all the control.
- [03:31] Some traditional publishers also own magazines in which they can promote your book.
- [04:00] Keep in mind that most books don’t sell very well.
- [04:29] Use a well-known agent if you want to go the traditional route.
- [04:50] Publishers are not going to drive sales for you – the marketing is up to you.
- [05:35] That’s it for today!
- [05:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...