In Episode #206, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 key strategies that you must learn from Apple’s marketing. Apple stresses the importance of keeping things simple—from their written copy to how they display their products. Tune in to find out how Apple’s products reach a vast audience with ease and how you can adopt their marketing principles.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Key Strategies You Can Learn from Apple’s Marketing
- 00:35 – First is simplicity
- 00:43 – Great design is invisible
- 00:57 – Second, rethink how you do product placing
- 01:16 – Get influencers to have product placements
- 01:42 – Third, don’t be afraid to stand-out
- 02:00 – Apple’s Airpods is getting good reviews
- 02:26 – Fourth, avoid price wars
- 02:34 – If you have a great product, price it as is
- 03:06 – Apple emphasizes why their products are amazing
- 03:09 – Fifth, have a different ecosystem
- 03:27 – “When iTunes came out, it changed everything”
- 04:00 – Sixth, know your audience and talk to them in their language
- 04:08 – Apple’s ads are simplistic
- 04:46 – Connect with the audience in a language that they can understand
- 04:55 – Seventh, hire people to explore the best opportunities
- 05:10 – Have the best people in your team
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Simplicity is everything – don’t over-decorate things.
- Know your product’s worth and don’t get into price wars.
- Have the crème de la crème in your team – do NOT settle for less.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...