In Episode #206, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 key strategies that you must learn from Apple’s marketing. Apple stresses the importance of keeping things simple—from their written copy to how they display their products. Tune in to find out how Apple’s products reach a vast audience with ease and how you can adopt their marketing principles.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Key Strategies You Can Learn from Apple’s Marketing
- 00:35 – First is simplicity
- 00:43 – Great design is invisible
- 00:57 – Second, rethink how you do product placing
- 01:16 – Get influencers to have product placements
- 01:42 – Third, don’t be afraid to stand-out
- 02:00 – Apple’s Airpods is getting good reviews
- 02:26 – Fourth, avoid price wars
- 02:34 – If you have a great product, price it as is
- 03:06 – Apple emphasizes why their products are amazing
- 03:09 – Fifth, have a different ecosystem
- 03:27 – “When iTunes came out, it changed everything”
- 04:00 – Sixth, know your audience and talk to them in their language
- 04:08 – Apple’s ads are simplistic
- 04:46 – Connect with the audience in a language that they can understand
- 04:55 – Seventh, hire people to explore the best opportunities
- 05:10 – Have the best people in your team
- 05:45 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Simplicity is everything – don’t over-decorate things.
- Know your product’s worth and don’t get into price wars.
- Have the crème de la crème in your team – do NOT settle for less.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...