In Episode #241, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 keys to becoming a successful blogger. They discuss Chris Coyier and Chalene Johnson—some of the most successful in this space—to see what makes their content stand apart. Tune in to find out practical tips and tools you can implement, today, that will take your blog to the next level.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Keys to Becoming a Successful Blogger
- 00:34 – Key #1: Consistency
- 00:39 – Chris Coyier from CSS-Tricks gets over 7 million visits per month—How did he get there?
- 01:05 – The key to success is consistency which maintains that high level of engagement
- 01:21 – Key #2: Stay ahead of the curve
- 01:42 – Don’t just match your competition — outshine the competition
- 02:07 – “Go above and beyond to succeed”
- 02:12 – Key #3: Promote your content
- 03:03 – Key #4: Do NOT rewrite your content over and over again
- 03:20 – What will happen is one will rank well while the others won’t
- 03:45 – Key #5: Repurpose your content
- 03:49 – Chalene Johnson starts with Facebook Live, then a Q&A, and then directs you to blog posts
- 04:31 – Aleyda Solis has a content re-usage workflow chart that tells you how to repurpose
- 04:45 – Key #6: Don’t be afraid to be the first mover
- 05:00 – Eventually your topic will gain popularity and you will do well
- 05:10 – Even with greater authority as a writer, it’s still hard to overtake those who have put the content out there faster
- 05:30 – Key #7: It is all about the process—How are you going to scale it out?
- 05:53 – Choose your processes as it is your vision
- 05:57 – Refer to Quick Sprout or Neil Patel to help you find your right workflow process
- 06:03 – Content Marketing Institute is a great resource to find the right process for you
- 06:17 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t just match your competitors graphic to graphic or blog post to blog post—outshine the competition with what you offer.
- Promoting your content means building relationships with viewers and other bloggers who share your space.
- Set up your processes as you grow—it’s your vision, after all is said and done.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...