In episode #887, we discuss the marketing lessons you can learn from Fortnite. Tune in to hear what they did to become so successful.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Marketing Lessons You Can Learn From Fortnite
- [00:40] Fortnite is free to play.
- [00:55] Freemium is a great way to entice people.
- [01:12] Acquire the volume first, then collect revenue.
- [01:30] You don’t have to be perfect right off the bat.
- [01:40] Adapt and add new things later.
- [02:08] Fortnite has taken elements from other games.
- [02:41] They use channel-based marketing.
- [03:55] Don’t forget to engage with your community.
- [04:25] Especially talk to the most popular people in your community.
- [04:49] There’s no such thing as bad press.
- [05:05] Neil has gotten bad press before, but it didn’t matter. Their traffic went through the roof.
- [05:35] Fortnite allows cross-platform play.
- [06:10] When you allow for that, you allow for a bigger community.
- [06:16] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...