In episode #887, we discuss the marketing lessons you can learn from Fortnite. Tune in to hear what they did to become so successful.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Marketing Lessons You Can Learn From Fortnite
- [00:40] Fortnite is free to play.
- [00:55] Freemium is a great way to entice people.
- [01:12] Acquire the volume first, then collect revenue.
- [01:30] You don’t have to be perfect right off the bat.
- [01:40] Adapt and add new things later.
- [02:08] Fortnite has taken elements from other games.
- [02:41] They use channel-based marketing.
- [03:55] Don’t forget to engage with your community.
- [04:25] Especially talk to the most popular people in your community.
- [04:49] There’s no such thing as bad press.
- [05:05] Neil has gotten bad press before, but it didn’t matter. Their traffic went through the roof.
- [05:35] Fortnite allows cross-platform play.
- [06:10] When you allow for that, you allow for a bigger community.
- [06:16] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #905, we discuss how digital marketing will change in 2019. Tune in to hear what changes are on the horizon....
In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict....
In episode #903, we discuss how to recover from an algorithm update. Tune in to hear how you can prevent your traffic from going on a permanent decline....