In episode #1029, we discuss 7 tasks you shouldn’t outsource. Tune in to hear what you really need to keep in-house.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Marketing Tasks You Should Never Outsource
- [00:35] 1: Data science.
- [01:05] You need to personally track your numbers, otherwise you will have trouble reaching goals.
- [01:20] 2: Podcast recording.
- [01:30] Record in-house, because you can’t rely on the quality of outsourced audio.
- [01:52] 3: Copywriting.
- [02:50] 4: Video.
- [03:08] The videographer will be working on other things and won’t be focused on your project.
- [03:45] 5: Chat bots.
- [04:03] If you and your team respond to the chats, you’ll have a better conversion and customer satisfaction rate.
- [04:46] 6: Experimentation.
- [04:55] Anyone can run tests for you, but only you know what you really need to test.
- [05:25] Don’t outsource innovation.
- [05:56] 7: Social media.
- [06:10] You need to know what’s going on there and interact with your clients in a substantive way.
- [06:27] That’s all for today!
- [06:33] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...