In Episode #356, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 metrics you ought to monitor in Google Analytics. Tune in to learn how you can use these metrics in Google Analytics to drive more traffic to your site and increase your ROI.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Metrics You Ought to Monitor in Google Analytics
- 00:37 – First metric is the bounce rate
- 00:54 – You can check which pages are causing the bounce and do necessary adjustments
- 00:59 – Second metric is the search traffic
- 01:01 – You can monitor it daily and make weekly comparisons to see the trends
- 01:21 – Neil started adding different languages on their website
- 01:56 – Third metric is the conversion
- 02:02 – You should be looking at where your conversions are coming from and if you’re hitting your goals
- 02:22 – Fourth metric is the time on site
- 02:42 – Check your time on site alongside your bounce rate
- 02:53 – Fifth metric is the site speed
- 03:00 – Site speed is a ranking and experience factor
- 03:20 – Sixth metric is social referrals
- 03:46 – Neil won’t spend more money on Facebook ads for USA because of its strict algorithm
- 04:12 – Seventh metric is pages per session
- 04:30 – You can pull lessons from the well performing pages and duplicate them for your other pages
- 04:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- By paying attention to the metrics, you can track your progress and make the necessary adjustments.
- First study the social platform where you want to have paid ads to make sure your money doesn’t go down the drain.
- Set goals for your business to see if you’re on the right track.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...