7 Mistakes to Avoid When Launching a Book
In episode #1586, we discuss seven mistakes to avoid when launching your book. When you are a first-time author and have no or little experience, it is worth hiring a team of people to help you successfully bring your book to market. Tune in to hear why you must run Amazon ads and start promoting your book six months in advance!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Launching a Book.
- [00:35] Eric’s book, Leveling Up is coming out soon and Neil’s Hustle is already out.
- [01:02] Don’t waste your time getting press if the audience is irrelevant.
- [01:30] Get press with the right audience so you can get the right people.
- [01:45] Don’t try to do everything by yourself, especially if you lack experience.
- [02:24] The importance of doing Amazon ads to sell your books.
- [02:53] Verify that things are working and your team is on track.
- [03:44] Start promotions early enough – six months before the book is coming out.
- [04:20] Avoid spreading yourself and your team too thin.
- [04:45] Why you have to optimize your book for SEO.
- [05:38] That’s it for today!
- [05:41] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...