In episode #1079, we discuss the mistakes we made while putting on our first conference. Tune in to hear what went wrong and how we dealt with it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Mistakes We Made From Our First Conference
- [00:35] Check out the Marketing School Live videos we posted online!
- [00:50] We had a couple of last-minute hiccups, because there was a lot of miscommunication.
- [01:30] Another mistake was that the food was amazing, but there were no vegetarian options.
- [01:57] We didn’t have an emcee.
- [02:45] Not charging for tickets hurt us a little bit.
- [03:00] There wasn’t an easy way to digest and download all the information we shared.
- [04:22] Eric underestimated the amount of work it would take to get butts in seats.
- [04:38] Neil thinks that even though people say they are going to come, not everyone actually shows up.
- [04:54] Last minute, they had a bunch of open seats that they needed to fill.
- [05:21] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...