In episode #1079, we discuss the mistakes we made while putting on our first conference. Tune in to hear what went wrong and how we dealt with it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Mistakes We Made From Our First Conference
- [00:35] Check out the Marketing School Live videos we posted online!
- [00:50] We had a couple of last-minute hiccups, because there was a lot of miscommunication.
- [01:30] Another mistake was that the food was amazing, but there were no vegetarian options.
- [01:57] We didn’t have an emcee.
- [02:45] Not charging for tickets hurt us a little bit.
- [03:00] There wasn’t an easy way to digest and download all the information we shared.
- [04:22] Eric underestimated the amount of work it would take to get butts in seats.
- [04:38] Neil thinks that even though people say they are going to come, not everyone actually shows up.
- [04:54] Last minute, they had a bunch of open seats that they needed to fill.
- [05:21] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1232, we share some of the smartest marketing strategies that we have come across lately. You will hear great examples of how people are leveraging design to drive user enthusiasm on their...
In episode #1231, we share seven strategies that you can use to boost engagement on your LinkedIn significantly. We highlight LinkedIn’s great capacity for going live and teach you how to leverage t...
In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your pe...