In episode #1079, we discuss the mistakes we made while putting on our first conference. Tune in to hear what went wrong and how we dealt with it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Mistakes We Made From Our First Conference
- [00:35] Check out the Marketing School Live videos we posted online!
- [00:50] We had a couple of last-minute hiccups, because there was a lot of miscommunication.
- [01:30] Another mistake was that the food was amazing, but there were no vegetarian options.
- [01:57] We didn’t have an emcee.
- [02:45] Not charging for tickets hurt us a little bit.
- [03:00] There wasn’t an easy way to digest and download all the information we shared.
- [04:22] Eric underestimated the amount of work it would take to get butts in seats.
- [04:38] Neil thinks that even though people say they are going to come, not everyone actually shows up.
- [04:54] Last minute, they had a bunch of open seats that they needed to fill.
- [05:21] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...