In episode #1079, we discuss the mistakes we made while putting on our first conference. Tune in to hear what went wrong and how we dealt with it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Mistakes We Made From Our First Conference
- [00:35] Check out the Marketing School Live videos we posted online!
- [00:50] We had a couple of last-minute hiccups, because there was a lot of miscommunication.
- [01:30] Another mistake was that the food was amazing, but there were no vegetarian options.
- [01:57] We didn’t have an emcee.
- [02:45] Not charging for tickets hurt us a little bit.
- [03:00] There wasn’t an easy way to digest and download all the information we shared.
- [04:22] Eric underestimated the amount of work it would take to get butts in seats.
- [04:38] Neil thinks that even though people say they are going to come, not everyone actually shows up.
- [04:54] Last minute, they had a bunch of open seats that they needed to fill.
- [05:21] That’s it for today!
- [05:28] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...