In Episode #192, Eric and Neil discuss 7 neat SEO tricks for 2017. There are smarter ways to increase your search engine traffic and Eric and Neil have the know-how. Tune in to find out how removing the dates on your WordPress URL or building links to posts that are ranking high can be just the quick tip you need to boost your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Neat SEO Tricks for 2017
- 00:35 – First is to upgrade your post that is already doing well
- 00:49 – Check Ahrefs and Google Search Console
- 01:30 – Google “online marketing” and Eric is probably Top 5
- 01:50 – Second, when you add the year on the title tag, it can generate new click throughs
- 02:26 – Third is to buy a website
- 02:38 – Look for keywords you’re trying to link
- 02:40 – Reach out to the top 20 websites see who wants to sell
- 03:55 – Fourth, remove dates on the WordPress URL title to boost search traffic
- 04:19 – Fifth, focus on link building to posts that are ranking 5 to 25
- 04:39 – Build 10 links to your post to signal Google
- 05:00 – Sixth, “Google ranks site based on how thorough and in-depth they think the web page is”
- 05:10 – MarketMuse has a software for all the key phrases you’re trying to look for
- 05:36 – Seventh: Tier 2 link building
- 05:43 – Black hat tools explained
- 07:07 – “Doing the black hat stuff in a white hat way—that’s going to help you”
- 07:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Buying a website that has aged and ranked high is a cheaper way to increase organic traffic and sales.
- Make your post relevant to signal Google and increase search traffic.
- Do black hat SEO in a white hat way—it’s proven to work better.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...