7 Overrated Marketing Channels
In episode #1736, we give you the seven most overrated marketing channels in our opinion. Expect to hear some of the downsides of auction-based platforms, drop-in audio, push notifications, and most importantly, having a poor understanding of your audience.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 7 Overrated Marketing Channels.
- [00:35] Why using Clubhouse to grow your audience is unsustainable.
- [01:01] The reach of Instagram is continuing to drop.
- [01:35] Organic reach on Facebook is even lower, go figure!
- [02:05] Messenger bots on Facebook will not last.
- [02:36] Advertising at scale on Reddit will get harder.
- [03:02] Push notifications are great for traffic but terrible for conversions.
- [03:25] Advertising on any channel will not work unless you understand your audience.
- [04:07] That is it for today!
- [04:10] Text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...