7 Overrated Marketing Channels
In episode #1736, we give you the seven most overrated marketing channels in our opinion. Expect to hear some of the downsides of auction-based platforms, drop-in audio, push notifications, and most importantly, having a poor understanding of your audience.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 7 Overrated Marketing Channels.
- [00:35] Why using Clubhouse to grow your audience is unsustainable.
- [01:01] The reach of Instagram is continuing to drop.
- [01:35] Organic reach on Facebook is even lower, go figure!
- [02:05] Messenger bots on Facebook will not last.
- [02:36] Advertising at scale on Reddit will get harder.
- [03:02] Push notifications are great for traffic but terrible for conversions.
- [03:25] Advertising on any channel will not work unless you understand your audience.
- [04:07] That is it for today!
- [04:10] Text us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...