In Episode #423, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 point, website redesign checklist. Tune in to know what you need to consider before changing or redesigning your website. This way you can make the changes without any risk to your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7-Point Website Redesign Checklist
- 00:34 – First is to make sure that your website is designed with a strong SEO foundation
- 01:01 – For WordPress, build up your SEO first
- 01:12 – Second is to keep track of your existing URLs in a checklist
- 01:25 – Third is to NOT forget about your site speed
- 01:30 – Check GTmetrix to find out your site speed
- 01:41 – Fourth is to keep mobile in mind because a bigger percentage of website visitors are mobile users
- 01:50 – Use Google AMP framework
- 01:59 – Don’t forget about your pixels like the Google Analytics pixels and Facebook pixels
- 02:20 – Sixth is to figure out the copy for your content before redesigning it
- 02:35 – Last is to check your website’s resolution in different browsers using Browseo
- 03:02 – Think about your website responsive design, too
- 03:15 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a heat-mapping analytics tool
- 03:25 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- SEO is very important for websites so make sure that your SEO foundation is strong.
- Since most people are on mobile, make sure your website is optimized for mobile so they get the best viewing experience possible.
- Design and website response are crucial for the user experience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...