Episode #1083 is another special, extra-long installment of Marketing School. Eric discusses proven marketing hacks that work really well. Tune in to hear this free segment from the Marketing School Live event in LA.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: 7 Proven Marketing Hacks That Work Really Well
- [02:00] People get on the paid ads hamster wheel too often.
- [02:15] People also get stuck paying people for bad content.
- [02:55] Content MVP’s.
- [03:45] Top-performing content is often around 2000 words.
- [04:28] People forget about links.
- [06:07] Problogger is a great place to hire good writers.
- [07:30] HubSpot hires people just to update content.
- [09:33] Zero-click searches.
- [10:16] Eric and Neil do content sprouting.
- [10:30] Spin content out into different formats.
- [13:15] Improving metadata is important.
- [16:20] If you are a penny-pincher, you can use 1KProjects to find abandoned projects in which to invest.
- [18:32] Customer data platforms.
- [18:45] These are fairly new.
- [19:06] The hot thing right now is personalization and Hole.io allows you to do this.
- [22:41] Doing the right things at the right time is important in terms of sales.
- [25:15] Chatbots.
- [27:22] Intercom helps combine chat and email to make your marketing stronger.
- [28:20] AI for ads.
- [28:28] Pattern89 is AI for digital ads.
- [30:00] As long as you make time to do all of these things, you will succeed.
- [30:15] Consistency is key.
- [31:17] That’s it for today!
- [31:33] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...