Episode #1083 is another special, extra-long installment of Marketing School. Eric discusses proven marketing hacks that work really well. Tune in to hear this free segment from the Marketing School Live event in LA.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:54] Today’s Topic: 7 Proven Marketing Hacks That Work Really Well
- [02:00] People get on the paid ads hamster wheel too often.
- [02:15] People also get stuck paying people for bad content.
- [02:55] Content MVP’s.
- [03:45] Top-performing content is often around 2000 words.
- [04:28] People forget about links.
- [06:07] Problogger is a great place to hire good writers.
- [07:30] HubSpot hires people just to update content.
- [09:33] Zero-click searches.
- [10:16] Eric and Neil do content sprouting.
- [10:30] Spin content out into different formats.
- [13:15] Improving metadata is important.
- [16:20] If you are a penny-pincher, you can use 1KProjects to find abandoned projects in which to invest.
- [18:32] Customer data platforms.
- [18:45] These are fairly new.
- [19:06] The hot thing right now is personalization and Hole.io allows you to do this.
- [22:41] Doing the right things at the right time is important in terms of sales.
- [25:15] Chatbots.
- [27:22] Intercom helps combine chat and email to make your marketing stronger.
- [28:20] AI for ads.
- [28:28] Pattern89 is AI for digital ads.
- [30:00] As long as you make time to do all of these things, you will succeed.
- [30:15] Consistency is key.
- [31:17] That’s it for today!
- [31:33] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...