In Episode #90 Neil and Eric list the 7 questions you need to ask potential marketing clients. Pay close attention as these are the exact questions Neil and Eric use to develop successful marketing relationships that always deliver on project goals.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Questions to Ask Potential Marketing Clients
- 00:52 – #1 Ask if other people are involved in decision making
- 01:30 – #2 Ask what the overall goals and objectives are
- 02:36 – #3 Ask how good their marketing strategy is
- 03:43 – #4 Ask how much their budget is
- 05:47 – #5 Ask who their competitors are
- 06:00 – Use Moz to show clients how they are doing against their competitors
- 06:41 – #6 Ask what marketing tactics worked for them and which ones did not
- 06:59 – Tactics that work for your competition doesn’t mean they automatically applies to your business
- 07:49 – The key to a successful agency is happy clients
- 08:27 – #7 Continue the sales process – schedule the next meeting
- 09:03 – Use Mixmax to send you reminders
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make sure the ultimate decision maker knows your proposal for the project.
- Know where the company is in terms of marketing.
- Knowing who the competitors are will help in assessing where the business stands.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...