In Episode #90 Neil and Eric list the 7 questions you need to ask potential marketing clients. Pay close attention as these are the exact questions Neil and Eric use to develop successful marketing relationships that always deliver on project goals.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Questions to Ask Potential Marketing Clients
- 00:52 – #1 Ask if other people are involved in decision making
- 01:30 – #2 Ask what the overall goals and objectives are
- 02:36 – #3 Ask how good their marketing strategy is
- 03:43 – #4 Ask how much their budget is
- 05:47 – #5 Ask who their competitors are
- 06:00 – Use Moz to show clients how they are doing against their competitors
- 06:41 – #6 Ask what marketing tactics worked for them and which ones did not
- 06:59 – Tactics that work for your competition doesn’t mean they automatically applies to your business
- 07:49 – The key to a successful agency is happy clients
- 08:27 – #7 Continue the sales process – schedule the next meeting
- 09:03 – Use Mixmax to send you reminders
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Make sure the ultimate decision maker knows your proposal for the project.
- Know where the company is in terms of marketing.
- Knowing who the competitors are will help in assessing where the business stands.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2352, the focus is on tips and tactics for mastering influencer marketing. Neil and Eric discuss the do’s and don’ts of influencer marketing and share some valuable tools that you can ...
In episode #2351, you’ll hear top tips for how to get more newsletter subscribers in 2023. If you think that email is dead, think again because email marketing is one of the most effective ways to g...
In episode #2350, Neil and Eric delve into 5 evergreen SEO tactics that just work! If you want to improve your SEO rankings, this episode covers 5 tactics (plus a bonus one right at the end) that will...