In Episode #227, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 questions to ask when hiring a growth hacker. Tune in to find out what you should ask your prospective growth hacker and how these questions will reveal their work ethic, problem solving and analytical skills, and overall potential.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Growth Hacker
- 00:35 – First, tell me your most impressive win in your career
- 00:40 – It will help frame the conversation
- 00:55 – This is one of Elon Musk’s favorite question
- 01:20 – Second is asking for their favorite brand and creating a scenario
- 01:56 – Growth hacking is all about experimentation and there’ll be tough times
- 02:30 – Third is having them look at your website and ask them suggestions for improvement
- 02:42 – Spark Hire is video interviewing tool that you can use and give the interviewer a time limit on a task
- 03:20 – Growth hacking is about creativity
- 03:36 – Neil shares a sample question connected with their favorite brand
- 04:15 – Ask situational questions
- 04:29 – Give them a pen and paper and see someone who actually does more thinking
- 05:15 – “It’s all about trying to figure out how people think”
- 05:25 – In marketing, you want someone who is good in numbers and logical, too
- 05:30 – Show them a funnel and ask them about it
- 06:23 – You want to make sure they come up with logical responses that is data-driven
- 06:41 – Tell me about the last book you read
- 06:51 – You want the people who are constantly making themselves better
- 07:12 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Knowing their most impressive win, even in college, says a lot about them.
- Growth hacking is about experimentation and creativity – find someone who can make their way out of the most difficult situation.
- You want someone who is constantly improving themselves.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...
In episode #2297, we have a look at Neil's content plan for next year. If you want to hear about Neil scaling back on certain aspects of his content creation, and what you should be aiming for in the ...
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...