In episode #963, we count out the 7 questions you need to ask a potential marketing hire. See which questions we think will guarantee that your next hire is a slam dunk.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Questions to Make Sure Your Next Marketing Hire is a Slam Dunk
- [00:36] 1: How do you get better at marketing?
- [00:41] What are you reading to enhance your skills and understanding of the field?
- [00:52] Marketing is ever-evolving, so you have to read blogs to stay up-to-date.
- [01:20] 2: What would you change?
- [01:30] If they can’t tell you how they would improve your business, how will they be as a hire?
- [02:07] 3: Have them do a paid trial.
- [02:55] 4: What do you do when an experiment fails?
- [03:06] A great way to understand their thought process.
- [03:30] 5: If you had $10 Million, in what would you invest?
- [03:50] A great way to gain insight into the potential hire.
- [04:05] Also a way to gauge how humble or arrogant they are.
- [04:11] 6: What do you think our competitors are doing that we are not, but should be?
- [04:56] 7: What is your most impressive marketing accomplishment?
- [05:00] This will give insight into how they think and what their skills are.
- [05:37] That’s all for today!
- [06:06] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...