In episode #729, Eric and Neil discuss 7 questions you ought to ask your audience. Tune in to hear what types of questions you should be asking.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Questions You Ought to Ask Your Audience
- [00:50] #1: Tell us all of the topics you are interested in regarding Marketing.
- [01:30] If you are covering food topics, ask your audience what their diet is based on.
- [01:45] You want to see who your audience is and how they skew (vegan, meat eaters, etc.).
- [02:07] #2: What else would you like to see on this page?
- [02:20] This will help you to understand what your page is lacking from the customer’s POV.
- [02:36] Under 30 responses is not enough data to make an effective change.
- [03:10] #3: What are you goals in the next year?
- [03:18] Use Surveymonkey for long form answers of this nature. Make a word cloud out of your responses.
- [03:58] #4: What did you think about X? (The product or service they purchased).
- [04:20] This will help you determine if things are working or if you need to improve.
- [04:51] #5: Why didn’t you buy?
- [05:00] There will be a huge contingent of people who didn’t purchase your product or service. This is an opportunity to find out why.
- [05:47] #6: Ask a question that determines the “pay point” of your audience.
- [07:14] By asking questions related to a problem, it will help you collect more leads and actionable information.
- [07:45] #7: Use a tool like TypeForm and send them down a question funnel.
- [08:07] That’s all for today!
- [08:10] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...