In episode #946, we count down 7 social media predictions for 2019. Tune in to hear what changes will come in the ensuing year.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 7 Social Media Predictions That’ll Come True in 2019
- [00:35] 1: Live is going to get bigger this year.
- [00:58] 2: We’re going to see social networks pushing for more video content.
- [01:22] 3: Monetization is going to get better.
- [01:38] 4: The podcast market is going to get much bigger.
- [01:50] China’s podcast marketing is making millions of dollars.
- [02:18] 5: Comments are going to increase the virality of posts.
- [02:35] Social networks are going to rank things by the number of comments a given post has received.
- [03:40] Neil considers podcasts to be “social”.
- [04:03] 6: All social algorithms will start to behave the same way.
- [04:25] 7: A lot more people are going to go to YouTube to market.
- [04:46] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...