In episode #2004, we give you our seven biggest YouTube marketing mistakes and tell you how to do things differently. Whether it’s jumping topics, posting infrequently, creating overly short videos, or relying on advertising rather than organic strategies, we have made all the mistakes when it comes to marketing our YouTube channels. Luckily, we have learned from them, and you can too by tuning in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: 7 Stupid YouTube Marketing Mistakes We Made.
- [01:14] Why you shouldn’t create short videos.
- [01:32] Avoiding topic jumping and posting infrequently.
- [02:33] Making sure not to discourage comments.
- [02:48] Remembering to add your offers as icons and pinned comments.
- [03:24] Organic strategies work better than running ads.
- [03:56] Testing different approaches by changing titles and thumbnails.
- [04:49] The value of explicitly telling people to subscribe.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...