In Episode #133, Neil and Eric list the 7 things to assess when your content marketing is failing. Tune in to discover how Neil and Eric use different tools and websites to understand their viewer engagement and the effectivity of their content marketing campaign,
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Today’s topic: 7 Things to Assess When Your Content Is Failing
- 01:31 – Find the cause of why your content marketing is failing through analytics
- 01:44 – Analyze quantitatively
- 02:29 – The data will tell you what’s wrong with your blog post
- 02:54 – Get feedback from people asking them what needs improvement
- 03:03 – People want something that is actionable
- 03:26 – Find the basic metrics of your site
- 03:43 – Install Google Search Console
- 04:10 – In the Google Search Console dashboard, click “analytics”, and search for the “impressions box” at the top left corner
- 04:45 – Use Hemingway App – a desktop application
- 05:01 – Hemingway App is the more advanced version of Docs and is best for writers
- 05:28 – Use HelloBar as an email tool
- 05:49 – Email out who shares your content to competitors
- 05:57 – Find your competitors at BuzzSumo
- 06:08 – You can find the email of the people who are tweeting your content through Hunter
- 06:11 – Neil shares a sample email that you can send
- 07:10 – Share it on social media and compare with your other posts to have an average engagement rate
- 07:40 – Pair it with paid advertising, too!
- 08:11 – Look at your content as a funnel and work on your headline
- 08:39 – Search for CopyBlogger Headline Formula
- 09:07 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Analyze your data well and find the real cause for why your content marketing is failing.
- Reach out to people to share your content – this will measure the quality of your content and tell you the number of people who share it.
- Headlines can draw people to your content – make it interesting and appealing!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...