In Episode #317, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 things to consider before you start accepting guest blogs. Tune in to learn how you can carefully evaluate your potential guest bloggers so that your website maintains its quality and consistency.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Things to Consider Before You Start Accepting Guest Blogs
- 00:35 – First is to make sure that you’re ready to deal with spam
- 00:41 – There are people who will try to sell links on your website, which will get you penalized by Google
- 00:48 – Be sure that whatever you’re accepting, people aren’t shoving in irrelevant links
- 01:00 – Second is to ask for 3 links to their most impressive articles
- 01:11 – It will give you a quick idea of their writing style
- 01:24 – You still want to add value
- 01:42 – Make sure that the people are authoritative
- 01:49 – Authoritative people won’t pass junk
- 02:05 – Make sure the content quality stays high
- 02:10 – Fourth is to ask why they want to do it
- 02:40 – Fifth is when accepting guest posts, make sure you’re still building a community
- 03:05 – Make rules for these people so there will still be growth
- 03:40 – Sixth is to ask for a couple of potential article titles and what will be a good fit for the website
- 03:58 – It can be an evaluation point
- 04:24 – Seventh is you want to keep new and fresh content; run their content on Copyscape to check its authenticity
- 04:55 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Watch out for guest blogs who will try to sell links on your website.
- Ask questions that will help you evaluate the guest blogger’s motive and relevancy for your website.
- Make sure you’re building a community within your guest blogs and make them adhere to your rules for consistency.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1899, Neil and Eric talk about 3 Reasons You Don’t Want to Be the Smartest Marketer. While it might feel good to be the smartest marketer in the room, you’re actually putting yourself ...
In episode #1898, Neil and Eric talk about What to Do When You Lose Your Rankings. There are a bunch of reasons why your rankings may take a hit. Sometimes your content has started to decay or in othe...
In episode #1897, Neil and Eric talk about How to Grow Your YouTube Channel Like They Are. Growing a YoutTube channel isn’t always straightforward. You might be gaining views and followers, and then...