In Episode #115, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 things you should say NO to as a marketer. Listen to know more about which things to say no to and the reason why.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 things you should say no to as a marketer
- 00:34 – #1 Making changes without data
- 00:57 – Make sure you test with data
- 01:10 – #2 Looking at the tactics all the time
- 01:26 – Leads to being in “tactical hell”
- 01:43 – Don’t focus on tactics
- 02:00 – #3 Don’t make short term gains for long term losses
- 02:53 – Don’t make changes for short term gains
- 02:57 – #4 Lack of organization
- 03:09 – Look at GrowthHackers Projects to organize all your ideas and experiments
- 03:28 – Look about documenting your marketing processes
- 03:48 – #5 Don’t do too many things at once
- 04:51 – #6 Don’t try to take everything on by yourself
- 05:48 – #7 Don’t run an A/B test on the same part of the funnel more than once at the same time
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t EVER make changes without any data.
- New marketing tactics aren’t everything—assess them well before using!
- GET ORGANIZED, because a lack of organization doesn’t help you scale.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...