In Episode #115, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 things you should say NO to as a marketer. Listen to know more about which things to say no to and the reason why.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 things you should say no to as a marketer
- 00:34 – #1 Making changes without data
- 00:57 – Make sure you test with data
- 01:10 – #2 Looking at the tactics all the time
- 01:26 – Leads to being in “tactical hell”
- 01:43 – Don’t focus on tactics
- 02:00 – #3 Don’t make short term gains for long term losses
- 02:53 – Don’t make changes for short term gains
- 02:57 – #4 Lack of organization
- 03:09 – Look at GrowthHackers Projects to organize all your ideas and experiments
- 03:28 – Look about documenting your marketing processes
- 03:48 – #5 Don’t do too many things at once
- 04:51 – #6 Don’t try to take everything on by yourself
- 05:48 – #7 Don’t run an A/B test on the same part of the funnel more than once at the same time
- 06:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t EVER make changes without any data.
- New marketing tactics aren’t everything—assess them well before using!
- GET ORGANIZED, because a lack of organization doesn’t help you scale.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...