In Episode #316, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 tools to help you promote evergreen content. Tune in to learn which tools you can use to leverage your evergreen content to achieve that better ranking in Google and promote your best stuff!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Tools to Help You Promote Evergreen Content
- 00:34 – First, Meet Edgar allows you to schedule posts on different social media sites
- 00:49 – Clean it up for things that are no longer relevant or for concepts that no longer apply
- 01:01 – Second is Ahrefs
- 01:03 – Type in the competitor URL that has similar posts, see who are linking out to your competitor and reach out to them
- 01:12 – It’s easy to do and provides great results, but is time intensive
- 01:35 – BuzzSumo can help you find posts and links that have a lot of social shares
- 01:55 – Build out a prospect list and reach out to people who shared them
- 02:12 – Fourth is Google Search Console
- 02:23 – For the posts that are gaining much traffic, look at the keywords that are driving you traffic, download the CSV file, take those keywords and innovate them within your content
- 02:45 – Repurpose your evergreen content
- 02:58 – Repurposing is similar to promoting it
- 03:29 – Your evergreen content can rank in Google
- 03:31 – if you’re going to make your title tags more appealing, you’re going to get more clicks and your search ranking will rise
- 03:46 – A headline generator tool will give you ideas to update your title tags
- 04:18 – If you have very good evergreen content, put it into paid advertising
- 05:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Repurposing your evergreen content will help you to continually maximize its value.
- Reach out to people who share your competitor’s post; perhaps they can help you to gain more traffic as well.
- A great title tag can make your posts appealing which will attract more clicks and improve your overall search ranking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...