In Episode #336, Eric and Neil discuss 7 tools to help you promote your content. Tune in to learn these standout, effective tools that can elevate your content promotion. You’ll also find out why contacting those who follow your competitors can help you boost your own content promotion.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Tools to Help You Promote Your Content
- 00:46 – First is to use Facebook ads which has the boost post button
- 01:20 – Second is to use BuzzSumo where you can type in different keywords that relate to your article
- 01:27 – Click view shares and you’ll see the people who tweeted them, then email those people to promote yours
- 01:42 – Third is Meet Edgar which allows you to setup an automated queue of content in different channels
- 02:08 – Fourth is Ahrefs which will helps you find who’s linking your competitor’s content and you can message them to promote yours as well
- 02:29 – It doesn’t track traffic right away, but it will eventually
- 02:25 – Fifth is IFTTT or If This Then That or Zapier that automates certain workflows
- 03:14 – Sixth is going after broken links and using a broken link checker
- 03:36 – See who’s linking to the broken links and that has similar content to yours—and email them
- 04:11 – Last is Sniply which allows you to enhance every link that you share
- 04:50 – the link can be a link to a lead magnet
- 05:00 – Contact Eric and Neil for any tools you find valuable to the listeners of Marketing School
- 05:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Go directly to those people who share your competitor’s links; it may take time, but it works.
- Create a smooth workflow so you can maximize content promotion with your team.
- Different channels are now updating to cater to content promotion and this makes it easier to cross-post.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...