In Episode #448, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 types of marketing that are long-term plays. Tune in to learn why your content marketing, link building, and podcasting efforts are worth it—even if your results take more than a year to show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Types of Marketing that Are Long-term Plays
- 00:33 – First is content marketing which usually takes 18 months or longer to become established and effective
- 00:55 – Second is podcasting which takes over a year
- 01:14 – Third is link building which shows its effectivity in at least 6-12 months
- 01:57 – Fourth is campaigns related to your branding or is press-related
- 02:20 – Fifth, your videos which is considered content marketing
- 02:30 – The first zero to 10K views are the hardest to get
- 02:50 – Some people are uploading multiple videos every day
- 03:04 – Sixth is influencer marketing
- 03:35 – Seventh is email, which has one of the highest ROIs that you could have, but it takes a long time
- 04:00 – Be patient; marketing doesn’t just work at the snap of a finger
- 04:15 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:23 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Focus on your content marketing—this is a play for long-term success.
- There is no overnight success in marketing.
- Be patient, most marketing efforts require time before you see a change in your conversions.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...