In Episode #167, Eric and Neil discuss the 7 unconventional ways to learn marketing. You can learn in more ways than just reading a Dummies Guide or checking in at the next university.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Unconventional Ways to Learn Marketing
- 00:33 – First is by watching conference videos on Youtube like Inbound 2016 by Hubspot
- 01:14 – There’s a lot of marketing content on Youtube
- 01:35 – Second is by networking with individuals
- 01:40 – Sharing a drink is a good way to do it
- 02:40 – Individual marketers from other companies share their tactics
- 03:00 – Third, strategize how to get the most out of conferences
- 03:19 – Check who’s attending and the influencers that will attend
- 04:00 – Fourth, practice on your own website
- 04:25 – The plugins on WordPress can help you execute what you’ve learned
- 04:50 – “You have to test it on your own site to be very good”
- 04:55 – Fifth, access a mastermind
- 05:03 – There are digital marketers you can pay for about $25/month
- 05:09 – “There’s a lot of great masterminds out there and they do provide value”
- 05:34 – You can host a dinner at your house or a zoom meeting to talk about marketing/business issues
- 06:20 – Sixth, people have more perceived value over information when they pay for it
- 06:30 – There are free marketing materials, but if you really want to learn, paid information IS better
- 07:21 – Lastly, start a podcast
- 07:35 – You learn a lot from the people or from guests
- 08:08 – Pat Flynn has great information on starting a podcast
- 08:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Youtube is probably one of the best sources now for everything, including marketing.
- Grow your network by inviting people to dinner or for a drink—you’re not only learning something new but you’re also building a relationship.
- People tend to value what they learn more when they pay for it.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....