In Episode #120, Neil and Eric share the 7 ways you can become a thought leader. Listen as Neil shares his experience in becoming a thought leader to help you become one as well.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Become a Thought Leader
- 00:36 – Becoming a thought leader requires a mix of everything
- 01:17 – #1 Don’t just focus on one channel
- 01:46 – Neil describes how he became a thought leader
- 02:08 – Find your unique angle
- 03:22 – Join YEC (Young Entrepreneur Council)
- 03:45 – Go to LinkedIn and reach out to editors of large publications
- 04:19 – Using large publications is a bit overused, but still a good tactic
- 04:25 – #2 Guest post
- 04:42 – #3 Find your niche
- 05:36 – #4 Choose the platform you will use
- 06:49 – #5 Do something that makes you stand out
- 07:32 – Neil does crazy experiments
- 07:57 – #6 Take whatever you can
- 08:57 – #7 Don’t forget to focus on PR
- 09:39 – Use free solutions with HARO
- 09:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Find your niche, find what SETS YOU APART.
- If you don’t stand out, you don’t get remembered.
- Don’t think that you’re too big or important for anything—just get your voice out there!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...