In Episode #440, Eric and Neil discuss seven ways to keep potential clients engaged during business pitches. Tune in to learn the value of being honest, using story, and ensuring that your clients are the ones doing most of the talking to increase their level of engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Keep Potential Clients Engaged During Business Pitches
- 00:34 – First, make sure that you go above and beyond in preparing for the meeting
- 01:00 – Make the client feel good about the whole experience
- 01:11 – Second, utilize storytelling in a way that gets people engaged and hooked
- 01:29 – Instead of talking about yourself, talk about the client and asks the right questions
- 01:43 – Fourth, be honest
- 02:12 – Fifth, show your clients what you can do for them via a conversation
- 02:44 – Eric uses UberConference; your client should be talking 70% of the time
- 03:01 – Pay attention to the other person and respond/act according to their reactions
- 03:24 – Seventh, have something visual; Eric uses Zoom for his presentations
- 04:10 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:23 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Prepare for the meeting—make sure your potential clients have an unforgettable experience.
- Make your client talk—asks the right questions and respond to their reactions.
- Create visuals to enhance the experience.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...