In Episode #93 Neil and Eric tackle the 7 ways you can make your existing web content better. They’ll highlight the importance of upgrading content, and injecting triggers that force readers to engage with posts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Make Existing Content Better
- 00:35 – Number 1: Upgrade your content
- Digital Marketer did a good job in explaining how they upgraded their content
- 01:41 – Number 2: Segment your content
- 01:48 – Add headings
- 01:53 – Ask your readers a few questions
- 02:50 – Number 3: Look for underperforming posts
- 03:43 – Number 4: Do a quick competitor analysis
- 04:54 – Number 5: Check out Bucket Brigades on Backlinko
- 05:12 – Instead of having huge walls of text, do it as far as one sentence
- 05:45 – Number 6: Use Hemingway to help you write better
- 06:11 – Number 7: Have a custom image through Design Pickle
- 06:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not every reader is looking for the same thing – segment your content.
- Your competitor’s content might not be relevant to your company, so don’t copy it.
- You don’t need to be a pro in writing and marketing – there are a lot of tools available to help you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...