In Episode #93 Neil and Eric tackle the 7 ways you can make your existing web content better. They’ll highlight the importance of upgrading content, and injecting triggers that force readers to engage with posts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Make Existing Content Better
- 00:35 – Number 1: Upgrade your content
- Digital Marketer did a good job in explaining how they upgraded their content
- 01:41 – Number 2: Segment your content
- 01:48 – Add headings
- 01:53 – Ask your readers a few questions
- 02:50 – Number 3: Look for underperforming posts
- 03:43 – Number 4: Do a quick competitor analysis
- 03:52 – BuzzSumo and Twitter Search
- 04:28 – Look at the comments and see what they’re pointing out
- 04:54 – Number 5: Check out Bucket Brigades on Backlinko
- 05:12 – Instead of having huge walls of text, do it as far as one sentence
- 05:45 – Number 6: Use Hemingway to help you write better
- 06:11 – Number 7: Have a custom image through Design Pickle
- 06:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not every reader is looking for the same thing – segment your content.
- Your competitor’s content might not be relevant to your company, so don’t copy it.
- You don’t need to be a pro in writing and marketing – there are a lot of tools available to help you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...