In Episode #93 Neil and Eric tackle the 7 ways you can make your existing web content better. They’ll highlight the importance of upgrading content, and injecting triggers that force readers to engage with posts.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: 7 Ways to Make Existing Content Better
- 00:35 – Number 1: Upgrade your content
- Digital Marketer did a good job in explaining how they upgraded their content
- 01:41 – Number 2: Segment your content
- 01:48 – Add headings
- 01:53 – Ask your readers a few questions
- 02:50 – Number 3: Look for underperforming posts
- 03:43 – Number 4: Do a quick competitor analysis
- 04:54 – Number 5: Check out Bucket Brigades on Backlinko
- 05:12 – Instead of having huge walls of text, do it as far as one sentence
- 05:45 – Number 6: Use Hemingway to help you write better
- 06:11 – Number 7: Have a custom image through Design Pickle
- 06:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Not every reader is looking for the same thing – segment your content.
- Your competitor’s content might not be relevant to your company, so don’t copy it.
- You don’t need to be a pro in writing and marketing – there are a lot of tools available to help you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...