In Episode #92 Neil and Eric list the 7 ways to nail the Skyscraper Technique. Listen to learn how these techniques can be utilized to help your website content rank on Google, and discover what kind of content gets the most readers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: How to Nail the Skyscraper Technique in 7 Ways
- 00:35 – Skyscraper Technique was coined by Backlinko
- 00:43 – Look to create content 10x better than the first result
- 01:08 – Number 1: Add content that is more advanced
- 02:38 – Number 2: Have unique data
- 03:12 – Number 3: Make your content really simple
- 05:01 – Number 4: Promotion
- 06:23 – Number 5: Utilize your headline
- 06:38 – Google “Copy Blogger Headline Formula”
- 07:05 – Focus on crafting a good headline
- 07:41 – Number 6: Make use of content upgrades
- 08:30 – Number 7: Use analysis and testing for long form blog posts
- 08:35 – Use Crazy Egg for A/B testing
- 08:53 – What helped increase to increase readership
- Blog post that is conversational
- Blog post that asks questions throughout
- Small images that help bring about main points
- Paragraphs 3 to 6 lines tend to create more engagement
- 09:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A better post doesn’t necessarily mean a longer one.
- Simplicity in content is extremely important.
- All SEO tools don’t work for all businesses.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...