In Episode #92 Neil and Eric list the 7 ways to nail the Skyscraper Technique. Listen to learn how these techniques can be utilized to help your website content rank on Google, and discover what kind of content gets the most readers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: How to Nail the Skyscraper Technique in 7 Ways
- 00:35 – Skyscraper Technique was coined by Backlinko
- 00:43 – Look to create content 10x better than the first result
- 01:08 – Number 1: Add content that is more advanced
- 02:38 – Number 2: Have unique data
- 03:12 – Number 3: Make your content really simple
- 05:01 – Number 4: Promotion
- 06:23 – Number 5: Utilize your headline
- 06:38 – Google “Copy Blogger Headline Formula”
- 07:05 – Focus on crafting a good headline
- 07:41 – Number 6: Make use of content upgrades
- 08:30 – Number 7: Use analysis and testing for long form blog posts
- 08:35 – Use Crazy Egg for A/B testing
- 08:53 – What helped increase to increase readership
- Blog post that is conversational
- Blog post that asks questions throughout
- Small images that help bring about main points
- Paragraphs 3 to 6 lines tend to create more engagement
- 09:53 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A better post doesn’t necessarily mean a longer one.
- Simplicity in content is extremely important.
- All SEO tools don’t work for all businesses.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...