In Episode #7 Eric and Neil talk about why you need a blog in today’s age. Blogging is a free marketing tool, but it takes certain tactics and skills to be successful at it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Why do you need a blog today? – “Best way to get free visitors to your website.”
- 01:10 – “This will help you generate more leads.”
- 01:20 – Providing value
- 01:35 – The Points Guy
- 02:00 – A home base
- 02:10 – Blogs generate as much traffic as paid advertising
- 02:45 – Facebook’s fan pages
- 03:15 – What are some tactics to starting a successful blog? – Consistency
- 03:30 – A long-term journey
- 04:00 – Having patience
- 04:35 – Traffic changes when blogs stop
- 04:50 – Corporate blogs
- 05:10 – A conversational tone
- 05:45 – Your headline
- 06:10 – Copy Blogger’s post on how to write good headlines
- 06:20 – YouTubers
- 06:45 – Your headline drives readers
- 07:00 – It must match your content
- 07:10 – “Make sure your content is relevant.”
- 07:20 – Kissmetrics
- 08:15 — Repurposing your content
- 08:30 – Audio versions and YouTube
- 09:10 – Touching a different audience
- 09:30 – Is blogging right for you?
- 10:00 – jobs.problogger.net
- 10:20 – Promotion of your content
- 11:40 – The importance of promotion when you’re starting out
- 12:20 – HubSpot statistics
- 13:00 – Subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and review!
3 Key Points:
- Blogging is a free marketing tool to drive traffic to your business.
- With the right tactics, you can produce a successful blog.
- There are proven statistics behind blogging which prove that blogs drive traffic and ultimately revenue.
- Kissmetrics – The company focuses on relevant content
- Copy Blogger’s post – Helpful insights for good blog headlines
- jobs.problogger.net – A great resource to hire a blogger
- Ahrefs.com – A tool to help you track the success of your blog
- Buzzsumo.com – Neil’s tool to find out what topics are trending in his industry
- HubSpot – A resource to help you see the statistics behind successful blogs
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...