In Episode #8 Eric and Neil talk about starting your first marketing campaign. When your business is brand new, you may want to try to get as much traffic as possible—but what you really need to worry about is creating one-on-one relationships with your first few customers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – Where should you start your first marketing campaign? – “What worked for someone else won’t necessarily work for you.”
- 01:00 – Neil’s experience copying the campaigns of other companies
- 01:20 – “Throwing spaghetti on the wall.”
- 01:35 – Finding what sticks
- 02:00 – Picking one tactic that has the most potential
- 02:15 – Adding tools as you see success
- 03:00 – What’s your take on focusing on one area? – “That’s fine, just pick the one that sticks.”
- 04:00 – Growth for entrepreneurs
- 04:10 – one-on-one contact
- 04:30 – An example of this strategy
- 05:11 – “First hundred customers are all being acquired manually.”
- 05:30 – Those first customers are important
- 05:50 – Bad press when you’re starting out
- 06:10 – Driving traffic with blogs and ads
- 06:45 – Content marketing takes time
- 07:00 – Consider your cash flow
- 07:40 – With more money, focus on long-term strategies
- 08:00 – What channel would you avoid? – Partnerships.
- 08:30 – They have a low success rate.
- 09:00 – Content marketing
- 09:10 – Understand your audience first.
- 10:10 – Kissmetrics started with the wrong audience
- 11:10 – Subscribe to this podcast and leave a rating and review!
3 Key Points:
- You need to find the right marketing strategy for your specific business.
- Find out who your audience is before you establish long-term marketing plans.
- Avoid partnerships and content marketing when you are first starting out.
- Kissmetrics – Neil’s company that went through a lot of marketing strategies
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...