In episode #2000, Neil and Eric talk about what they’ve learned from 2,000 episodes of podcasting. Tune in to hear the story of how they started this podcast and learn more about the methods that have worked for them over the years, and what hasn’t. You won’t want to miss this special episode on their long journey from episode #1 to #2000!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: 8 Lessons Learned From 2,000 Episodes of Podcasting.
- [00:35] The story of how we started this podcast.
- [01:00] Why podcasting won’t derive as much revenue as you expect.
- [01:20] How using an omnichannel method and effective branding helps your podcast.
- [01:35] How the sales cycle is shortened due to the level of trust you build with a podcast host.
- [02:13] Podcasting’s ability to help you access an entirely new audience.
- [02:50] Why podcasting is still a blue ocean, but it’s also challenging.
- [03:38] How offline events can energize your audience and community.
- [04:10] Use a tool like Chartable to track your demographics.
- [05:16] The importance of building an audience through social media when you first launch your podcast.
- [05:38] How repurposing and native repurposing have helped us grow our podcast.
- [06:40] That’s it for today! Please tag us in your post celebrating our 200th episode!
- [06:58] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe!
- [07:03] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...