In episode #2000, Neil and Eric talk about what they’ve learned from 2,000 episodes of podcasting. Tune in to hear the story of how they started this podcast and learn more about the methods that have worked for them over the years, and what hasn’t. You won’t want to miss this special episode on their long journey from episode #1 to #2000!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: 8 Lessons Learned From 2,000 Episodes of Podcasting.
- [00:35] The story of how we started this podcast.
- [01:00] Why podcasting won’t derive as much revenue as you expect.
- [01:20] How using an omnichannel method and effective branding helps your podcast.
- [01:35] How the sales cycle is shortened due to the level of trust you build with a podcast host.
- [02:13] Podcasting’s ability to help you access an entirely new audience.
- [02:50] Why podcasting is still a blue ocean, but it’s also challenging.
- [03:38] How offline events can energize your audience and community.
- [04:10] Use a tool like Chartable to track your demographics.
- [05:16] The importance of building an audience through social media when you first launch your podcast.
- [05:38] How repurposing and native repurposing have helped us grow our podcast.
- [06:40] That’s it for today! Please tag us in your post celebrating our 200th episode!
- [06:58] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe!
- [07:03] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...