In episode #635, Eric and Neil discuss an important SEO strategy. Tune in to hear what you may have been overlooking.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: 95% of You Will Ignore This SEO Strategy
- [00:36] Branding is what separates good companies from the bad.
- [01:30] If you don’t know how popular a brand is, it’s hard to outrank them.
- [02:00] Neil’s strategy used to be: create good content, create value, wait for results.
- [02:04] This wasn’t the best strategy.
- [02:15] His best branding strategy was the “Who is Neil Patel?” campaign.
- [02:45] BuzzSumo has a great alert system that will help you track your brand.
- [02:51] Neil likes to use Google Trends, which is free.
- [03:03] Google Search Console is also a great way to track your progress.
- [03:10] GSC tracks farther back than 90 days, which is more helpful when gauging progress.
- [04:15] The stronger your brand, the higher your domain authority.
- [04:40] That’s it for today!
- [04:44] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...