In episode #714, Eric and Neil discuss the response to Neil’s SEO strategy. Tune in to hear why people think Neil’s strategy will fail.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Response: Neil’s Response to Critics On His New SEO Strategy
- [00:55] Neil had a concept where most of the marketing tools out there have tons of features that no one uses.
- [01:25] He figured he could build more usable versions and give them away for free.
- [01:40] Eric subscribed to a marketing podcast and the Marketing Director for AHREFS was on the show.
- [01:52] He and the two hosts ended up critiquing Neil’s strategy.
- [02:29] Most people don’t do anything with the “history”.
- [02:58] Neil believes his strategy is obvious.
- [03:25] Neil is unaware of the public response to his actions.
- [03:50] People think Neil is underestimating server costs and other expenses.
- [04:02] Critics also believe he is building up towards a paid tool.
- [04:20] Neil has no such plans.
- [04:54] The first version of Neil’s free tools will not have any link data.
- [05:55] Neil wants to add BuzzSumo-like reporting.
- [06:25] There are already basic capabilities in his free tools.
- [06:47] If no login is required for the tools, will someone create scrapers and destroy Neil’s server costs?
- [07:10] Neil thinks it is possible, but that it wouldn’t hurt him.
- [07:31] That is all for today!
- [07:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...