In episode #714, Eric and Neil discuss the response to Neil’s SEO strategy. Tune in to hear why people think Neil’s strategy will fail.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Response: Neil’s Response to Critics On His New SEO Strategy
- [00:55] Neil had a concept where most of the marketing tools out there have tons of features that no one uses.
- [01:25] He figured he could build more usable versions and give them away for free.
- [01:40] Eric subscribed to a marketing podcast and the Marketing Director for AHREFS was on the show.
- [01:52] He and the two hosts ended up critiquing Neil’s strategy.
- [02:29] Most people don’t do anything with the “history”.
- [02:58] Neil believes his strategy is obvious.
- [03:25] Neil is unaware of the public response to his actions.
- [03:50] People think Neil is underestimating server costs and other expenses.
- [04:02] Critics also believe he is building up towards a paid tool.
- [04:20] Neil has no such plans.
- [04:54] The first version of Neil’s free tools will not have any link data.
- [05:55] Neil wants to add BuzzSumo-like reporting.
- [06:25] There are already basic capabilities in his free tools.
- [06:47] If no login is required for the tools, will someone create scrapers and destroy Neil’s server costs?
- [07:10] Neil thinks it is possible, but that it wouldn’t hurt him.
- [07:31] That is all for today!
- [07:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....