In episode 742, Eric and Neil discuss simple ways to come up with effective marketing ideas. Tune in to hear some simple hacks.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Simple Way To Come Up With The Most Effective Marketing Ideas
- [00:40] Spy on your competition!
- [00:55] AdBeat is a way to see all the ads a company is running and how their spend trends are running.
- [01:30] This also shows you which ads have been used for the longest period of time.
- [01:43] Go to your competitors’ web sites.
- [01:45] Track the changes that they make, because it will give you an idea of what is helping them grow.
- [02:00] If you go multiple times, you will get “cookied” and you will see all their ads and campaigns.
- [02:36] AHREFS Content Gap is a way to see all the different keywords your competition is ranking for that you are not.
- [03:09] Take those keywords to UberSuggest and you will get more ideas about how to use them.
- [03:25] Use BuiltWith to see what tech your competitors are using. This will give you an idea of how to expand.
- [03:50] If your competitors are using A/B Tests, it means they are sophisticated enough to make changes and boost conversions.
- [04:20] Facebook has added the “info and ad” section. This allows you to see all the ads one person or company is running.
- [04:52] Go to niche marketing conferences and pick up new marketing tactics.
- [05:14] Everyone is friendly and will prove helpful.
- [05:25] These conferences are a great place to pick up new hacks from reliable sources.
- [06:04] War Room is a good example of a niche conference.
- [06:24] That’s all for today!
- [06:28] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...