In episode #805, Eric and Neil break down a step-by-step guide to writing earth-shattering blog posts. Tune in to hear what steps you should take to up your click-through rate.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing a Earth Shattering Blog Post
- [00:36] Earth shattering is something you want to link to, share, or tell your mom about.
- [01:00] Step 1: Format your blog post as Intro, Body, Conclusion.
- [01:20] End your blog post with a question to get more comments and engagement.
- [01:36] Step 2: Bucket Brigades.
- [02:20] Step 3: Every single claim needs to have cited sources.
- [02:48] Step 4: Use images and videos.
- [03:20] Optin Monster created a plug-in called YouTube Subscribe.
- [03:36] This helps you embed the video.
- [03:49] Amazon Polly will also help you from an SEO perspective.
- [04:05] Step 5: Make sure your headline will knock people’s socks off. Keep it short. Seven words is a nice length, on average.
- [04:40] It shouldn’t be too long, but also needs to be descriptive.
- [04:50] Get ideas from BuzzSumo.
- [05:25] Having compelling arguments will set you apart,
- [05:40] Step 6: Have someone proofread your content.
- [05:55] Step 7: Promote your work!
- [06:07] Find people that have mentioned or linked to similar content using BuzzSumo.
- [06:25] Reach out and build a relationship, so you can share links to each other’s works.
- [07:41] That’s it for today!
- [07:45] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...