In episode #664, Eric and Neil discuss a simple way to increase your time on site. Tune in to hear what you can do to give users a great experience.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Stupidly Simple Way to Increase Your Time on Site by 19%
- [00:35] Time on site meaning, time visitors spend on your site.
- [00:41] If you can increase the time spent on your site, Google will see this and up your ranking.
- [00:50] If you have a high time on site, you’re less likely to get hit by the Google Panda Update.
- [00:56] The panda update is all about measuring quality.
- [01:30] If your time on site is low, it’s a negative signal.
- [01:50] You want to deliver a good experience.
- [01:53] Amazon recently came out with a product called Amazon Polly.
- [01:57] Amazon Polly takes your text and converts it into an audio file.
- [02:14] Using this increased Eric and Neil’s dwell time by 19%.
- [02:25] Use the Polly WordPress plugin.
- [02:50] Make sure you add videos to your blog posts!
- [03:04] This has increased Neil’s dwell time.
- [03:25] Embed the videos wherever it makes sense.
- [03:55] Use Pocket on your mobile device: it’s a text-to-speech tool.
- [04:05] It will read articles to you.
- [04:08] That’s it for today!
- [04:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1572, we wrap up our conversation on paid newsletters, discussing the different ways in which you can monetize your subscription newsletter. Getting sponsors on board and including up-sell...
In episode #1571, we continue the discussion about paid newsletters, sharing how you can start one in as little as 10 minutes. Two of the most important lessons we can learn from other successful news...
Today we have a special bonus episode with special guest April Dunford author of Obviously Awesome!...