In episode #664, Eric and Neil discuss a simple way to increase your time on site. Tune in to hear what you can do to give users a great experience.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: A Stupidly Simple Way to Increase Your Time on Site by 19%
- [00:35] Time on site meaning, time visitors spend on your site.
- [00:41] If you can increase the time spent on your site, Google will see this and up your ranking.
- [00:50] If you have a high time on site, you’re less likely to get hit by the Google Panda Update.
- [00:56] The panda update is all about measuring quality.
- [01:30] If your time on site is low, it’s a negative signal.
- [01:50] You want to deliver a good experience.
- [01:53] Amazon recently came out with a product called Amazon Polly.
- [01:57] Amazon Polly takes your text and converts it into an audio file.
- [02:14] Using this increased Eric and Neil’s dwell time by 19%.
- [02:25] Use the Polly WordPress plugin.
- [02:50] Make sure you add videos to your blog posts!
- [03:04] This has increased Neil’s dwell time.
- [03:25] Embed the videos wherever it makes sense.
- [03:55] Use Pocket on your mobile device: it’s a text-to-speech tool.
- [04:05] It will read articles to you.
- [04:08] That’s it for today!
- [04:12] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...