In episode #2246, we hear from Ayman Abdullah on advanced hiring techniques and how the best CEOs create an unfair advantage. Ayman is the former CEO of AppSumo where he helped take the company from $3 million to about $80 million in revenue per year. He is now a CEO Coach. In this session from the Leveling Up Founders Event, he sheds light on the playbook used by some of the top companies in the world to hire the best talent. Tune in to hear these helpful tips as well as some of the mistakes you’ll want to avoid!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Ayman Abdullah on Advanced Hiring Techniques.
- [00:43] The playbook used by some of the best companies in the world that nobody talks about.
- [00:55] How to find the people willing and able to be promoted into the role you’re recruiting for.
- [01:29] Why if you want a specific VP, you should hire them as an advisor.
- [01:51] Mistakes to avoid such as hiring too fast because you’ve lowered the bar.
- [02:19] How to relieve the pressure on your team if you can’t find the right candidate.
- [02:33] Why you shouldn’t be too passive in the hiring process.
- [02:49] Why you should never underpay.
- [03:49] How people who interview well don’t necessarily make the best hires.
- [04:07] Why skills tests should be part of your hiring process.
- [05:04] Why hiring is your number one job as a CEO.
- [05:16] Find out more about the Leveling Up Founders Event at live.levelingup.com
- [05:47] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [05:54] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Find out more about the Leveling Up Founders Event at live.levelingup.com
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...