In episode #1129, we discuss an advanced SEO hack that gets you results in less than 30 minutes. Tune in to hear the SEO hacks you should be implementing now.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: An SEO hack that gets results in under 30 minutes.
- [00:31] The hack is the Frequently Asked Questions page schema.
- [00:38] When you do a Google search, you’ll see suggestions of ‘People also search for’ topics.
- [00:54] If you create an SEO schema on your website’s Frequently Asked Questions page, you’ll take up more real estate on the Google search results page and you will see an increase in click-throughs.
- [01:12] When Neil did it, his click-through rate doubled, which is the average increase people see with this trick.
- [01:25] Rand Fishkin talked about how zero-click searches have surpassed organic clicks, so you have to try to win clicks once users reach the search results page.
- [01:53] Neil argues that you don’t want to manipulate Google results because that will hurt you in the long run.
- [02:00] Think long-term and think about what’s best for the user.
- [02:05] As more sites do this, Google will choose the best content to put on its search results, so it won’t benefit you to simply self-promote.
- [02:23] Matthew Woodward did this on his site and his click-through rate increased from 3% to 8%.
- [02:43] He has a video on how to do this along with the code he used.
- [02:50] Once you add the code, you have to go to Google Search Console and submit to index, and you’ll start seeing changes in the search results within minutes.
- [3:03] That’s it for today!
- [3:15] To attend our Growth Accelerator Mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....