In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in brand marketing and lessen its reliance on search-engine marketing has delivered a strong rate of return. Tune in as we unpack why this is the case and explain how honing in on creating an amazing product or service is the best way to win in the long run.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Airbnb’s “Brand vs Search” Bet Pays Off.
- [00:26] Major changes Airbnb has made to its marketing strategy in recent years.
- [01:08] Why relying on brand marketing rather than SEO is a good move.
- [02:18] The demand creation that comes with brand marketing.
- [03:28] How to leverage things like search and social while focusing on your product.
- [03:47] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [03:50] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- ‘Airbnb Says Its Focus on Brand Marketing Instead of Search Is Working’
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...