In episode #1576, Neil and Eric talk about the fact that marketing these days all seems to be the same. We hear about what you can do to stand out, some books to read to beef up your strategy game, and the importance of always, always putting your customer first. To learn some great tips and tricks on how to win at marketing, be sure to tune in today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How All Marketing Seems to Be the Same and What to Do About It.
- [00:48] Neil and Eric’s take on the current state of marketing.
- [01:24] If everyone is doing the same thing, your tactics will not work for as long.
- [01:51] Focus on the strategies you have created, not the tactics.
- [02:13] The benefits of reading strategy-related books.
- [02:43] Figure out the channel you are doing well at and double down on it.
- [03:31] Obsess about your customers and do what is best for them.
- [05:02] Great strategy book recommendations from Eric.
- [05:29] Having a customer-centric company creates a brand.
- [05:45] That’s it for today!
- [05:45] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Playing to Win
Blue Ocean Strategy
Good Strategy Bad Strategy
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....
In episode #2409, Neil and Eric talk about how YouTube and Spotify are changing the podcast game. You might think that with five to 10 million podcasts in existence, the world of podcasts is saturated...