In episode #1195, we share several alternative (yet effective!) ways of funding your business. We give you all the details on crowdfunding, revenue-based financing, and the more traditional routes involving bank loans. Tune in to hear what you need to do to attract investors!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Alternative Ways to Fund Your Business.
- [00:37] Why people should consider funding and the problem with bootstrapping.
- [01:02] The need for funding even if you are Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos.
- [01:47] Thoughts on crowdfunding and the various platforms you can use.
- [02:22] A list of the main crowdfunding platforms and how much you can raise per year.
- [03:03] The importance of having traction before attempting to raise money.
- [03:27] How you can raise money through revenue-based financing.
- [04:15] The models that companies like Lighter Capital use.
- [05:05] Getting a traditional bank or SBA loan in the US and their interest rates.
- [05:22] What the credit card company Brex is offering in terms of credit.
- [06:01] The importance of having a formula that is already working.
- [06:24] That’s it for today!
- [07:02] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Jeff Bezos on Twitter
- Elon Musk on Twitter
- Lighter Capital
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1392, we speak about how you can 10x your headline success rate! A good headline can go a long way and is almost always how you can capture traffic and the first step towards engagement. T...
In episode #1391, we speak about how to find great marketers during hard times. The crisis in which we find ourselves currently means that a lot of people are out of jobs, at least in the US. But how ...
In episode #1390, we talk about what a "challenge" is and if you should do one. You may or may not have heard about challenges and how your business can run one, we are here to shed some light on this...